Madlax or Noir?

On Wednesday, June 30, 2010 0 comments


Since I've recently watched El Cazador de la Bruja and totally enjoyed it, I went looking for animes that were of the same genre, drawing style, and theme, so I came across the other series, Noir and Madlax by the same director. I wasn't really sure which of these two were the most appealing so I watched both first episodes, only to realize that Noir kinda has turned me off.

Upon watching Noir first, I was unsure whether I would really find the motivation to continue. Seriously, it didn't catch my interest, unlike El Cazador de la Bruja, where I've instantly fallen in love with the anime by just the first episode. The character Kirika Yuumura rather iritated me with her too quiet voice and introverted personality, yet she could fight like a pro (this saved the character, in my opinion!). The action scenes were quite well done, but when she had this conversation with the other protagonist, Mireille Bouquet, asking for her assistance, Kirika Yuumura just irritated me further. The background music was way too loud for this very significant scene where they first met and agreed on a deal to work together, drowning out the shy girl's voice completely.

Madlax, on the other hand, did catch my interest a bit, so I guess I'll gonna finish watching this anime first, and then let's see whether I continue watching Noir or not. I think the reason why this anime (Madlax) appealed me more was because of its visual style. It's prettily drawn, and the lead role, Madlax, is actually quite the sexy, cool woman with a mission, wearing a dress and high-heels (mind you!) while fighting against an army of soldiers, blowing up tanks, and shooting with her eyes closed. Now that was awesome; kinda reminded me of Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider, Wanted, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Just loved it!

Most of the reviews about Noir that I came across were quite positive. They said the story plot was great and it's definitely worth watching. But well, there's no accounting for taste, and maybe, just maybe, I might watch all episodes and post a new comment. I wonder if I'll change my mind about this anime? Hmm...


EDIT:
I've finally finished watching both animes. My second impression about Madlax and Noir, and to be honest, I was quite surprised. (^o^)

0 comments:

Post a Comment