Incest in Animes & Mangas. EW!

On Sunday, July 18, 2010 0 comments

Since I'm still awaiting the new chapters of Koburiawase and The Secret Recipe, I thought I'd read some other yuri manga stuff. Those I came across were...gross. Why? Because most of them contain incest between sisters! DX Sorry, it's not my cup of tea. This is why I can't bring myself to read the manga Candy Boy, even though lots of people are fans of it, even though the art is terrific, the plot probably is fantastic, and it's been recommended on most Yuri manga forums, blogs, websites, I just don't like it...

I tried, really, I did try watching the anime. I only came across this anime because I read it in a forum, and it was on a Top 10 list, and I did not read the synopsis. I was drawn by the art itself. The first few minutes were harmless. Two girls were lying in bed, entangled, just waking up. Then one of them was getting ready for school, and was trying to wake up her sister, to go to school together. Now the girl who was still asleep was having, I assume, a hot dream about her sister. In her half-sleep state she pulled her sister close to her and all that cuddling, and smooching, and the sweet-talk began. I couldn't finish watching it.

Just like people dislike same-sex relationships and think it's "wrong", I think incest is worse! What could be more wrong than a same-sex relationship between two siblings? Reminds me of the saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right" lol, but I'm digressing.

There is this other anime I've watched long time ago, Angel Sanctuary [manga][anime]. It's about a boy, a high school student, Mudou Setsuna, and is the reincarnation of a powerful angel. Good so far. Interesting. But Setsuna loves his sister...and in a wrong way. And she turns out to be in love with her brother, too. So friggin' wrong! I watched the OVA, a 3-episode anime. Since it was the very first incest anime that I've watched, I was still kinda, well, unaffected by this kind of love. It's like when you see for the first time in your life two girls/two boys kissing, and later on you realize you don't actually like it.

What do the fans like about this? Serious question, I just want to understand...

0 comments:

Post a Comment